YOU MAY KNOW that I began having ‘spiritual experiences’ at the age of 6. The first one was during a walk into a clearing surrounded by trees next to the property of my home when I witnessed life as layers of energy, all moving a different speeds as in a diarama, while feeling incredible love pouring into me. The second event was a ‘near death’ experience at the age of 7. All of this was followed by an awareness of an incredibly expansive, active, unseen life of Divine support for humanity and in and through nature. The uninvoked communication is what I have come to know as an Angelic Realm. It took years of this communication as I grew and questioned things before I realized that my ‘led’ experiences were closely related to Shamanic journeys. I began looking more deeply at who and what Shaman are, and how that process was helpful to me and ultimately to my clients as I share my experiences.
Tribal cultures around the world turn to their ‘Shaman’ or ‘Medicine Man’ ,to be an
Today our tribes consist of our families, our local community, our country and the global community of mankind. So here we are… trying to resolve things, heal ourselves, get answers to questions about our purpose and more, all without a Shaman to rely on. Our Medicine Men are people of science who do not tap into the supernatural world for answers, and unless we open ourselves to the Source, our prayers are often a one way street. It is left up to each of us to take this journey upon ourselves.
So here are some tips for integrating the skills of a Shaman into your life’s practices for personal enlightenment.
- GAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE ENERGY FIELDS – This doesn’t mean you need to study Quantum Physics, but do read articles on the human energy field and consider how those energy fields are the fiber of an interconnected web through the solar systems and throughout time. That’s a good place to begin to understand the depth and value of your own energy field. Here is a great article on the human energy fields; http://www.noeticbalancing.com/library/human-energy-field-and-aura/
- MERGE WITH NATURE – I refer to nature as the Divine Connector. Here is where mankind has always gone to connect with the Source, creator, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Buddah, Allah, The Divine Mother, whatever name you use, it is the same loving SOURCE. Take quiet time in nature to listen to it’s many sounds instead of your own voice. Sit and breathe. Feel the vibrational energies in the natural environment. Absorb them, give thanks, connect.
- SET INTENTIONS – Having found your center in nature you can now be more clear as you set your intentions for the good of your highest self.
- ASK QUESTIONS – Ask your questions of the Divine. Don’t beg and weep as that has negative energy attached; ask, trust and wait for an answer with no expectation of how that will arrive. Leave that up to the higher source.
- JOURNAL YOUR DREAMS – Setting intention and asking questions before sleep can set the stage for Dream Journeying where your answers may be given to you in a symbolic form. Therefore it is crucial to effective personal Shamanic work to record those dreams immediately on waking up before the details dissolve. Track back over your journal and see how things may be connected, what a recurring item may be, or who is trying to communicate with you. Your Dream Journal is a most powerful tool.
- INTEGRATE WHAT YOU LEARN INTO YOUR DAILY LIFE – Even if the advice you gather seems odd, follow through with it. Contact that person who came up in your dream story line, or work to heal the situation that appeared. Once you take the advice of Source it opens the pathway to more conscious two-way communication and a tremendous opportunity for communication.
HOW HAS DREAM JOURNALING HELPED YOU?
I would love to hear your stories.
Be well in Peace & Love,